CUEIM’s activities harness a series of tools which would be difficult to replicate in other organisations. The synergy of the cycle of accumulating and then implementing knowledge adds to our awareness and to the significance our thoughts and actions take on within a specific environmental context, through processes of:
- enhancing the knowledge present within the CUEIM network and putting it to good use. Indeed, the connections of CUEIM’s unique and unparalleled network make it possible to activate the knowledge of the twenty-six associate Universities, and also of most of the Universities in Italy;
- strengthening the network’s local roots within an overall systemic vision, supporting the activities of local branches based on the organisation’s guiding values;
- developing relations with local authorities, which are essential interlocutors in the search for new ways of sustaining local growth processes;
- growth with qualified new public and private sector partners for research projects.
Research activities are generally conducted under the auspices of the following Divisions:
- Divisione Energia e Ambiente (DEA)(Energy and Environment)
- Divisione Politiche Sociali (DPS) (Social Policy)
- Divisione Economia e Territorio (DET) (Economy and Territory)
For each research project, an ad hoc working group is formed, selected from the various branches of the CUEIM network.